Angela Kociolek MSc, MAc is a nationally board certified Licensed Acupuncturist.
She owns Rootstock Acupuncture in Bozeman, Montana.
Cancer Support Community Montana – Independent Contractor Instructor
Big Sky Wind Drinkers – Partner in offering incentives to members
Past or ongoing partnerships with many organizations including, Bozeman Area Special Education Parent Teacher Association, Bozeman BPW, Bridgercare, Children’s Museum of Bozeman, Eagle Mount Bozeman, Emerson Center for Arts & Culture, Gallatin Valley Farm to School, Prospera Women’s Business Center, Resolve: The National Infertility Association, Roots Family Collaborative, Sweet Pea Run, and Thrive.
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine Credentials
Montana Board of Medical Examiners – Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) #34065
National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – Diplomate of Acupuncture
Academy for Five Element Acupuncture – Master Degree in Acupuncture & Certificate in Chinese Herbal Studies
Montana State University – Master of Science in Biological Sciences & Certificate in Interdisciplinary Studies
- Wilderness First Aid (online course and exam) (2022) with Natalie Bonthius, MD of Survival Med, LLC
- Somatic Experiencing® Professional Training Beginning Level: Modules I and II (2021) with Abi Blakeslee, PhD
- So how safe is acupuncture? Review of up-to-date clinical evidence & perspective (2021) with Gil Barzilay, PhD, LAc
- A three-staged approach to treating emotional trauma with Chinese Medicine (2021) with CT Holman, LAc
- Live Zoom Workshop: Facial diagnosis & face reading (2020) with CT Holman, LAc
- World Healing Exchange Program (2020) with Diana Fried, LAc and Acupuncturists Without Borders
- Healing community trauma field training: Mobile group acupuncture for disasters and trauma (2020) with Diana Fried, LAc and Acupuncturists Without Borders
- Awakening the Five Elements in the wild (2020) with Diana Fried, LAc and Acupuncturists Without Borders
- Gua Sha: The science, evidence and benefits of an East Asian medical practice (2019) with Arya Nielsen, PhD, LAc
- Renew! Workshop: Building resilience in the workplace (2019) with Lynette Rodi, MA, LCPC, LAC
- Integrative Fertility Symposium (2019) with Jill Blakeway, DACM, LAc; Dr. Claudia Citkovitz, Ph.D., LAc; Dr. Eileen Yue-Ling Han, Ph.D., LAc; Karine Kedar, Dipl. Ac and CH; Zena Kochar, LAc; Dr. Randine Lewis, Ph.D., LAc; Dr. David Miller, MD, LAc; Rachel Schwartzman, ND; Sharon Weizenbaum, Dipl. Ac and CH
- Acupuncture in neurological rehabilitation (2018) with Dr. Claudia Citkovitz (audited)
- Mei Zen Cosmetic Acupuncture for the face and neck (2017) with Dr. Martha Lucas, Ph.D., LAc
- Treatment of infertility with Chinese Medicine (online study 2018) with Jane Lyttleton, Cert Acup (China)
- Neuropuncture (2017) with Dr. Michael Corradino, MSTOM, DAOM, L.Ac
- Five Element Intensive Workshop (2017) with Dan Sachs, LAc
- Hope: Frankly speaking about cancer clinical trials with Dr. Kenneth May
- CPR certification at Bozeman Health
- Ethical insurance billing with American Acupuncture Council
- Treatment of common sports injuries with Whitfield Reaves, OMD, LAc
- Recognition and prevention of herb-drug interactions with Dr. John Chen, Pharm D, Ph.D., LAc
- Qigong with Dr. Ron Davis
Angie is a strong Bozeman community supporter.
if you are interested in creating a partnership.
“While I was immersing myself in study and forging my second career in Oriental medicine, I had also been on another multi-year journey – the quest to have a child. After many failed attempts at assisted reproductive technologies, many of which were less than dignifying, it was as if my choice to go to acupuncture school was the universe’s way of granting my wish. In the first month of my clinical internship, my son was conceived naturally. I largely credit Chinese medicine – acupuncture, herbs and moxibustion – for this amazing blessing at the age of 42. If I needed any re-affirmation of my choice to become a practitioner of this system of medicine, becoming pregnant naturally with its help was it.”
– Angie Kociolek
Hear what others are saying about Rootstock Acupuncture
I will never be able to thank you enough for being such a wonderful healer in my life – and for your compassionate ear and supportive heart as I trudge through this fertility stuff.
Thanks again for the session today. I have found your treatments so beneficial to me!
I came to Angie when I had multiple family issues, and the stress settled into my shoulders and neck. Angie’s sensitive and astute treatment allowed me to simply breathe. I loved my treatments! I was soon able to deal with my issues healthily on both a physical and emotional level. So thank you, Angie!
I have hormonal imbalances and acupuncture restored my regular cycles. I appreciate so much that I can go to Rootstock Acupuncture to be treated for issues that conventional medicine only masks with medications.
I feel like a million bucks! – New client after her first session
Whew! What a difference. I feel gooooood! Thought you should know. Thanks!
Since going to see Angie I have seen a huge shift in my well being. I had a long list of health-related issues prior to seeing Angie and after the first session, I noticed an improvement in my mood and after a few weeks, my energy level increased. This is huge for me as I had been very sick for over a year. The other things on my health issues list have improved so dramatically that many aren’t a problem anymore. I have been seeing her now for about 3 months. Without going into detail regarding the particular health issues I want to express that because of Angie at Rootstock and my acupuncture sessions with her I am doing better than I have been in a very long time, for many years. I have told her I am starting to feel like myself again, and that has been a long time coming. I’m very grateful to have chosen Angie and I highly recommend her as she is as dedicated to your health vision as you are. She is patient, kind, a good listener and takes time to discuss and understand you and your health issues. When you are in a session with her, you are the only one she is concerned with. She is very aware of you and your comfort, and for those worried about the needles, she is gentle with the needles. I have to say if you’re looking for someone to help you with whatever health issues your facing, then I would book a session with Angie at Rootstock and experience it for yourself.
All I can say is I’m very grateful for Angie’s expertise, genuine care, and her help in my healing. It has made a huge difference in my health, my well being and my life. So thank you Angie!”
Acupuncture makes me feel like myself again. – Working Mom
Thank you, you made a believer out of me. -Retired chronic low back pain sufferer
Are you a Rootstock Acupuncture client? Please leave a review here-